Fat combustion is the bottleneck of endurance performance in sports like running and triathlon. I/WEare also able to to measure and track this metric through our performance software – so you can create strategies to increase your energy expenditure from fat and thereby enhance your performance.
- Fat combustion rates are highly individual metrics.
- Accurately understanding fat combustion in is crucial in endurance sports.
- Significant differences are observed both between different athletes, and between different states of training in the same athletes at different times.
- Knowing the FatMax Zone allows you to train fat combustion most efficiently.
It is also crucial to understand precisely how much carbohydrates you burn during exercise. With this understanding, you can find the perfect level of fueling for your trainings and races, and which level will actually fatigue or enhance your performance.
Fuel to perform
- Focus on carbohydrate combustion and get tailored nutrition plans.
- Perfecting intake of carbohydrates is trainable, but needs to be practiced.
- Adjust pacing and plan a fueling strategy to avoid running out of fuel.
Conventional assessment of carbohydrate combustion based on gas analyses has significant limitations. Not only they are lab-based test only, but they also get affected by nutrition status. Scientific research has shown that neglecting lactate measurements when assessing carbohydrate combustion from gas exchange is misleading.
Through the use of MINE/OUR performance software you can finally compare your lactate production and compare it to the carbohydrate combustion one. The only way to produce lactate is by breaking down carbohydrates, thus lactate production is directly linked to carbohydrate combustion.
Measure where these metrics where it matters: on the track, on the climb, and on the field.